Subject: Re: Problem with emul/linux on netbsd3.1 i386
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/04/2007 19:41:42
On Fri, 04 May 2007 13:45:33 +0200, Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 11:05:54PM +0200, Loic Hoguin wrote:
>> I don't know where exactly but the Linux packages installed
>> in /emul/linux/linux instead of /emul/linux on this machine:
>
> They should get installed in "/usr/pkg/emul/linux".

Sorry about the confusion, they are effectively installed in
/usr/pkg/emul/linux/linux (and /emul/linux is a symbolic link
to /usr/pkg/emul/linux).

Also, they are up to date since it was synced last time the
last week-end.

>> % uname -a
>> NetBSD ********* 3.1.0_PATCH NetBSD 3.1.0_PATCH (EXTEND)
>
> What does "/etc/mk.conf" look like on your machine?

Looks small :)

PKG_OPTIONS.opengrok=svn
ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=jdk13-license
PKG_DEVELOPER=yes

I added PKG_DEVELOPER=yes just before or just after linux emulation
installation, but I don't remember exactly. :(

> What environment variables are set?

Do you mean in the shell? Or is there a command specific to pkgsrc?

> Does a link "/emul/linux" pointing to "/usr/pkg/emul/linux" exist?

Yes.

>> Any thoughts?
>
> The installation probably doesn't work because it can't find the
> Linux shared library loader.

Well, yeah, but I meant about the folders problem. :)
The installation worked after I moved the files in emul/linux/linux
to emul/linux.

If I have enough time I'll retry in a chroot, but I must answer to
some PRs and open others, and test some things I reported earlier.

Regards,

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend