Subject: Re: modular-xorg installation fails on Dragonfly 1.8.1-RELEASE with pkgsrc-2007Q1
To: Nuno Antunes <nuno.antunes@gmail.com>
From: Siju George <sgeorge.ml@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/03/2007 02:19:47
On 5/3/07, Nuno Antunes <nuno.antunes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/2/07, Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.sieben@kh-22.de> wrote:
> > Nuno Antunes wrote:
> >
> When trying the suggestion from Klaus I get the following:

> Global:.PARSEFILE = DragonFly.mk
> Global:X11_TYPE = xorg
> ..

same with me!

> Global:.PARSEFILE = version.mk
> Global:BUILTIN_X11_TYPE.xorg = xorg

My log about 11 MB size don't have these lines :-(

> So it seems that X11_TYPE is being defined in
> /usr/pkgsrc/mk/platform/DragonFly.mk.
> I tried modifying its value there and now I get:
>
> class# bmake show-var VARNAME=X11_TYPE
> modular
>
> Which is correct. If I comment the assignment at DragonFly.mk I get:
>
> class# bmake show-var VARNAME=X11_TYPE
> native
>
> ...even though X11_TYPE is defined as modular at /etc/mk.conf.

Same effect for me :-)

Then How did jeremy and Grego just changed /etc/mk.conf and got away with it?
What is similar between us.

I am using the pkgsrc checked out version just when 2007Q1 was released.
Have not updated it since. What about you? And What about Jeremy and
Grego? Are they using an updated version of pkgsrc?

Thankyou so much Klaus :-)

Kind Regards

Siju