Re: Documentation quality of pkgsrc

Also sprach Jeremy C. Reed (reed%reedmedia.net@localhost)
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Ulrich Habel wrote:
>
> > For example:
> >
> > The documentation didn't mention the scripts mkbinarykit or
> > mkbootstrapkit - do you know what they are for? (yes, I know it -
> > thanks)
>
> mkbootstrapkit has been removed. It was a script to make a source
> bootstrap kit.
>
> Yes, mkbinarykit should be documented.

It's a common problem that tools, libs or whatever are submitted and
work fine, but are not documented.

In my opinion, there should be a rule that new programs or libs etc.
should also be documented.

A *good* man page might be sufficient for this as a first base.
To read the source code is not an option.

However, having no docs makes a good tool useless for most users, so a
policy for docs is required.

--
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE  0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
http://www.net-tex.de