Re: want ms-ttf package on FTP

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:44:03PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> The license indicates that you can't modify the fonts. I don't see this as
> a limitation to making it available especially since we don't already also
> set NO_SRC_ON_FTP. So I want to remove NO_BIN_ON_FTP.

No, the license allows redistribution in unmodified form (ssecond * of
(1) and (2)). The problem is that we don't redistribute the original cab
archivees from Microsoft and that in itself can be counted as
alteration.

I want to revamp the restriction handling soon, so that e.g. no
NO_SRC_ON_FTP can be handled. But the specific change of allowing binary
package is IMO not acceptable.

Joerg