Subject: Re: want ms-ttf package on FTP
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/12/2007 10:24:24
Looking closer, I see the corefonts sourceforge project provides: "The src
rpm is cleverly constructed so that the actual fonts are downloaded from
Sourceforge's site at build time. Therefore this package technically does
not 'redistribute' the fonts, it just makes it easy to install them on a
linux system."

As another example, Debian and Ubuntu's msttcorefonts packages say:
"allows for easy installation" and "You will need an Internet connection
to download these fonts if you don't already have them."

So they don't provide ready-to-use packages. I no longer want it on FTP :)

I am working on some documentation to teach how to replace these with near
equivalents. Does anyone have suggestions for alternatives for each font
in ms-ttf? And examples of configuring fontconfig (or other applications)
for using replacements?

  Jeremy C. Reed