Subject: Re: short_open_tag in php.ini
To: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/02/2007 17:41:32
> Is there any particular reason for $SUBJ to be disabled in php5?

Generally packages are configured/built with their default options as
suggested/provided by upstream/real developers.

(This is one of the many reasons I prefer pkgsrc-built packages versus
packages from Debian, for example.)

The php5 installs php.ini-recommended (which has it off) and
php.ini-dist (which has it on) to your share/examples/php/ directory.

But I look closer. The configure handles this. I do not know why yours is
disabled (unless you copied the "recommended" php.ini in place). My
configure output from pkgsrc has:

checking whether to enable short tags by default... yes

And main/php_config.h has:

#define DEFAULT_SHORT_OPEN_TAG "1"

/*   */
#define DEFAULT_SHORT_OPEN_TAG "1"