Subject: Re: problems with kde, xorg, and (perhaps) 4.0beta2
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/01/2007 14:30:25
On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 14:15:46 -0400
"Blair Sadewitz" <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com> wrote:

> A while back I filed a PR about the /tmp/.ICE-unix thing.  The
> workaround is actually the solution AFAIK; see x11/kdelibs3/MESSAGE.

I moved my code to do that to /etc/rc.conf.d/kdm.  Perhaps it should be
in /etc/rc.d/kdm?

> Re: TLS; I don't know if there's an option for this, but maybe you
> could use gnutls instead?

I have no idea how to do that with kde.

> Modular Xorg in pkgsrc nearing the point where you might consider
> using it in production; have you considered an upgrade path yet?

It doesn't support X servers yet, a requirement for that machine.  Nor
is it a machine I use (and hence can work around problems with), so I'm
unwilling to put experimental software on it.