wxGTK & Unicode

Hello all,

   If I want wxGTK to be built with Unicode support, how would I go
about doing that?

   The Makefile contains the following section:

#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --enable-unicode
#PLIST_SUBST+=          UNICODE=u
PLIST_SUBST+=           UNICODE=
PLIST_SUBST+=           BUILDTYPE=ansi

   I assume that if I change it to:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --enable-unicode
PLIST_SUBST+=          UNICODE=u
#PLIST_SUBST+=           UNICODE=
#PLIST_SUBST+=           BUILDTYPE=ansi
PLIST_SUBST+=           BUILDTYPE=unicode

   ... I'll get what I want in terms of Unicode. But should I expect
breakage in other parts of pkgsrc?

   It seems kind of odd, to me -- this day in age, that a package would
default to non-Unicode, when there is a Unicode option available.

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson