Subject: wxGTK & Unicode
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/31/2007 03:34:12
--------------enigEADB7851B6B7248D42539089

Hello all,

   If I want wxGTK to be built with Unicode support, how would I go
about doing that?

   The Makefile contains the following section:

#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D       --enable-unicode
#PLIST_SUBST+=3D          UNICODE=3Du
PLIST_SUBST+=3D           UNICODE=3D
PLIST_SUBST+=3D           BUILDTYPE=3Dansi

   I assume that if I change it to:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D       --enable-unicode
PLIST_SUBST+=3D          UNICODE=3Du
#PLIST_SUBST+=3D           UNICODE=3D
#PLIST_SUBST+=3D           BUILDTYPE=3Dansi
PLIST_SUBST+=3D           BUILDTYPE=3Dunicode

   ... I'll get what I want in terms of Unicode. But should I expect
breakage in other parts of pkgsrc?

   It seems kind of odd, to me -- this day in age, that a package would
default to non-Unicode, when there is a Unicode option available.

--=20
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson