Subject: Linux, pkgsrc and NVIDIA
To: pkgsrc-users <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lieven De Keyzer <lieven.dekeyzer@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/30/2007 21:18:02
I installed the NVIDIA driver by running
"NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9755-pkg1.run --no-opengl-headers"

At the end of the installation, I get:

ERROR: The runtime configuration check failed for the library
       'libGL.so.1.0.9755' (expected: '/usr/lib/libGL.so.1', found:
       '/usr/pkg/lib/libGL.so.1').  The most likely reason for this is that
       conflicting OpenGL libraries are installed in a location not inspected
       by `nvidia-installer`.  Please be sure you have uninstalled any
       third-party OpenGL and/or third-party graphics driver packages.

The driver works, but I want to know if there are situations where I
could run into problems having two different libGL.so.1 libraries like
this ?