Re: graphics/xv fails to build on macppc

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:03:32 +0100, Loic Hoguin <essen%dev-extend.eu@localhost> wrote:

... today on my iBook running Netbsd/macppc
current (4.99.16) and it fails with the following error:
[...]
xvpcd.c:(.text+0xce8): undefined reference to `alloca'

NetBSD-macppc doesn't seem to support alloca(). You could submit a
problem report (category "port-macppc") about that. But considering
that it is broken API it would probably better to patch "xv" not
use it alloca() (or not use "xv" at all :-).

Okie. If it's broken by design it won't do any good to implement it.
I'll try to patch it (mainly to learn about the process) but if it's
really unmaintened and insecure I think it shouldn't be in pkgsrc.

I have attached a patch that replace the alloca call by a malloc/free.
I tested it with PhotoCD files found on Google (with a filetype:pcd search)
and it works well under current/macppc and netbsd4/i386.

The patches/patch-ab file is no longer needed since we remove the alloca call.

Please look or test it before I submit a pr.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend