Subject: Re: How can I install applications which have conflicts in dependences?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org, gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/21/2007 13:27:32
I moved this to pkgsrc-users.

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Greg Troxel wrote:

> For mplayer, the problems are:
>
> NO_BIN_ON_CDROM=        a dependency is restricted
> NO_BIN_ON_FTP=          a dependency is restricted
> NO_SRC_ON_FTP=          prohibited by USAs DMCA
>
> The restricted dependency problem could be dealt with by making those
> dependencies optional, defaulting to off.

If I looked correctly, this is libdca (dts) and maybe the internal faad.
I wonder if mplayer supports any plugin to add libdca support.

I don't use mplayer much. There is not a maintainer.

Does anyone know or care if the NO_BIN_ON_CDROM and NO_BIN_ON_FTP is
removed by not including libdca by default?