Re: How to dramatically speed up firefox without rebuilding anything

The other thing I've been thinking of doing is trying to build firefox
from current sources; apparently gtk2-cairo actually is usable now.

Also, do you know if firefox does anything else with GNOME other than
support gnome-vfs2?  I was thinking of replacing the includes under
MOZILLA_USE_GTK2 (firefox2) with just:

.include "../../devel/libgnomeui/buildlink3.mk"

That should cover everything right?  I realize that's a crazy amount
of dependencies for typical use, but if someone has gnome installed
already, it might be worth it--if it does more than just support
gnome-vfs2.

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11