Subject: Re: Perl compilation problems on Solaris Express b53/x86
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Huff <mphuff@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/16/2007 00:09:41
Roland Illig <rillig <at> NetBSD.org> writes:

> Michael Huff wrote:
> > perlio.c: In function `PerlIOStdio_invalidate_fileno':
> > perlio.c:2899: error: structure has no member named `_file'
> >
> > I don't know what is causing this or how to work around it. The version of
> > pkgsrc I'm using is 2006Q4.
> >

> You can "cvs update -A lang/perl5" (to take Perl from pkgsrc-current)
> and try again. (Generally, it isn't supported to mix the pkgsrc
> branches, but in this special case it will work.)
>
> Roland

Thanks for your help, I got perl compiled, but now I'm getting a weird error
trying to build glib, I'm going to try to figure that out and if I can't get it
sorted out I'll probably start another thread (I'm assuming, based on what you
said, that just blindly doing 'cvs update -A' would be a bad idea).

Again, thanks!