Subject: Re: gmplayer fails to build
To: None <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
From: David H. Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/15/2007 22:53:13
>Running NBSD 3.1/i386, using pkgsrc-current (downloaded yesterday),
>gmplayer fails to build.

(and)

>Update: despite a fresh cvs -dAP, it keeps ending with the same error. Odd
>thing is that gmplayer built fine on 3.1/amd64. Anyone else with this
>error?

Hello,

The solution to your problem is likely here:
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=34980

Specifically, this comment by Christian Biere:
  > The CFLAGS poisoning is caused by /usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig/xrandr.pc
right?
  > Could you edit this file and remove '-O2' and '-march=pentium3' from it?
  > GCC 4.x will refuse to work if you mix -mcpu and -march, so that will be
  > a problem anyway. Does this maybe already fix gmplayer for you?

I found (temporarily) modifying the file referenced to remove -O2 fixed
the compile problem for me.

Regards,

Dave

PS I've posted this to pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org instead of netbsd-help@
netbsd.org, as the former list is the one you want for pkgsrc questions.