Subject: Re: "but I said I didn't want nas" -how does PK_OPTIONS work?
To: reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/15/2007 14:08:56
On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 08:20:30PM -0500, reed wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, George Michaelson wrote:
>
> > the message below is revealing: it even SAYS I said I didn't want nas.
> > but it still makes it.
>
> Use -nas (minus nas).
>
> PKG_OPTIONS.SDL="aalib arts esound -nas"
> or
> PKG_OPTIONS.SDL="-nas
>
> > why is it so? why are 'currently selected options' overriding what I
> > actually put in PKG_OPTIONS.SDL?
>
> I don't know why it is not overriding it. It doesn't seem intuitive to me,
> but the pkgsrc guide does document it. Search for "the last setting that
> selects or disables an option is used".

By setting PKG_OPTIONS.pkg, you do not *replace* the default options for pkg,
but you *add* to them.  So setting PKG_OPTIONS.SDL to "aalib arts esound" when
the default is "aalib arts esound nas" doesn't change anything.  You have to
explicitly disable nas by adding "-nas", because that's what you want.

If you want to ignore the default and set every option explicitly, start with
"-*", e.g.  "-* aalib arts esound".

	Geert