Subject: Re: Problem installing ClamAV 0.90.1
To: Frank DeChellis <frankd@iaw.on.ca>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/14/2007 11:12:15
Frank DeChellis wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We are using NetBSD 1.6.2 and Iım having trouble installing clamAV 0.90.1
> All has worked fine until now.  I have the latest pkg_install installed.
> Running ³make update² it does itıs thing then ends with
>
> [wrapper.sh] note: The real command line, after the pkgsrc wrapper, was:
> /usr/pkg/bin/libtool --tag=CC --mode=link cc -O2
> -I/usr/pkgsrc/mail/clamav/work/.buildlink/include
> -L/usr/pkgsrc/mail/clamav/work/.buildlink/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -o clamscan
> output.o getopt.o cfgparser.o misc.o options.o clamscan.o others.o manager.o
> treewalk.o ../libclamav/libclamav.la -lpthread

You forgot to post the relevant line. :) It's the line above this one.
This one is only a "note" for helping developers to find bugs. The error
message from the compiler must be somewhere above that.

I think the build failure has to do with the -lpthread option. NetBSD
1.6.2 did not really have threading, and I remember that it was painful
to get all those threading packages to work on it.

Roland