Subject: pkgsrc-2006Q4/wip for Linux 2.4 binaries are ready for download
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Habel <uli@habel.name>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/12/2007 15:07:14
--=-h0iwYGNQHAi36OgWySYa

Hello ML-users,

as you may have already noticed on pkgsrc-bulk@ or tech-pkg@ I have set
up a bulk build of pkgsrc-2006Q4 and wip for Debian Linux Sarge/2.4. If
you want to try out pkgsrc on your Linux box you need to install the
binary kit first. Get the official one by the NetBSD group at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/bootstrap-pkgsrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc-=
Linux-2.4.22-debian-i386-20031023.tar.gz

or you can just use mine that I used for building the bulks:

http://pkgsrc.habel.name/packages/bootstrap-pkgsrc-Linux-2.4.27-3-686--2007=
0304.tar.gz (8 MB)

The packages are located at:

http://pkgsrc.habel.name/packages/Debian_Linux_Sarge_i386

So if you just want to start right way set your PKG_PATH to:

http://pkgsrc.habel.name/packages/Debian_Linux_Sarge_i386/All/

and add the binaries with pkg_add.

Please remember, use the packages at your own risk, this is not an
offical build of the NetBSD team, just by a fellow user :)

Please report broken packages or any unusual things so that I can
remove/replace them. If you want to continue to build your own packages
make sure to have the following things installed on your Debian system:

build-essential gcc libncurses5-dev make patch bin86 m4 file

Regards
Uli

--=20
Ulrich Habel