xf86-video-intel v1.99.1 + modular-xorg-server-1.2.99.901 success (NetBSD/i386-current)

This snapshot of the server was just released on Mar 04.  I had to
upgrade my keyboard and mouse drivers, but other than that, it built
flawlessly.
It is truly a hallowed day, as they have fixed the long-standing,
pervasive wscons broken-ness.

In this release of xf86-video-intel (the i810 name is deprecated),
they merged the modesetting branch; no more V_BIOS!  No more
915resolution.  It works wonderfully, and supports the Xrandr 1.2
extension and a bunch of other goodness.

Now, we have to update our AGP driver ...

If anyone wants, I can send them diffs to pkgsrc or commit something
to wip, but the changes to build this are fairly trivial.

xf86-video-intel 1.99.1 needs this version of the server for its mode
generating/setting/parsing code; it will not work with 1.2.0.

--Blair
--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11