binaries from OSX/ppc on OSX/intel?

I use pkgsrc on a few Mac OS X machines, all of which are PPC hardware.  My
pkgsrc installation in on a UFS disk image, which makes it relatively easy to
keep all of the Macs in sync w.r.t. to pkgsrc.  I do all builds on one
machine, then periodically transfer the disk image to the other machines.

I'm about to get my first Intel-based Mac, so the question is whether this
approach will be feasible on the new machine.  Will Rosetta properly run
"pkgsrc/PPC" binaries on an Intel Mac?

Does anyone have any experience with such an arrangement?

Thanks,
Mark