Re: logrotate / NetBSD 4

> Is it possible to install logrotate on NetBSD 4.0?  Anyone have
> instructions to compile?    Im looking to compress/archive my logs from
> syslogng.  Any information on this would be very much appreciated.

I'm using syslog-ng to rotate and store my logs.

In the server's syslog-ng.conf, I have destination rules like:
destination sshd { file("/home/log/$HOST/sshd/$YEAR$MONTH$DAY.log"); };

And a shell script runs every night to compress log files from "yesterday
and earlier".

In the clients, either I send all logs to this server, or use
/usr/bin/newsyslog for the few logs that I keep local too.