Subject: Re: netbsd ap2_php5 apache module
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 02/22/2007 20:16:18
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:15:54 +1000
George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:10:27 +0100
> Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 10:06:12AM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
> > > it *is* a little confusing, that the pkg_info label doesn't match
> > > the actual pkg name in the hierarchy. I resorted to:
> >
> > pkg_info -Q PKGPATH foo
>
> so if you do a brute-force pkg_info | grep <something> then for any
> match you can use this to find what it is in pkgsrc. Thats good. You
> still need to know that in some instances php is php5, and apache is
> ap/ap2 depending.
>
> you can do pkg_info -Q PKGPATH \*php\*
> www/ap-php
> lang/php5
>
> so wildcarding works directly as well. thats even better!
>

> > > perhaps this is something to think about when making one pkg
> > > handle multiple inter-pkg relationships.
> >
> > That's normally handled correctly. See apache.mk and php's version
> > handling.
>
> yep. the systems themselves do know, and thats good. But it confuses
> simple humans (like me)
>
> now I realize I can wildcard, I can stop doing brute force. thanks for
> a cluestick hit.

I've been playing with this a bit, too.  My goal is to find the
directory names and package file names for all top-level packages I've
installed.  What I *think* works is this.  First, do

	pkg_info -u -Q PKGPATH

to get a list of directory names.  Then cd to each directory and do

	make show-var VARNAME=PKGNAME

to get the package tarball.