Re: pkgsrc/*/nas requiring perl headers at runtime?!

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Mark Davies wrote:
        DEPENDS+=
p5-perl-headers-${OS_VERSION}{,nb*}:../../devel/p5-perl-headers

this results in binary pks that need that package _at runtime_.
Which is currently not available for 3.1/i386, and I wonder if
there's a good reason not to change this from a DEPENDS to a
BUILD_DEPENDS?

nas installs auscope which is a perl script which uses sys/socket.ph
so the requirement on p5-perl-headers (and perl).
Could probably split that script out to a separate package.

If it's not critical and can't be done otherwise, I vote for that.

Right now we don't upload the p5-perl-headers binary package to the FTP server, and there's so much stuff that breaks due to that missing dependency it's not fun (KDE, SDL and everything that needs it, ...).

 - Hubert