Re: libnet problems

Roland Illig wrote:
> Louis Guillaume wrote:
>> In file included from
>> /usr/pkgobj/local/heartbeat/work/.buildlink/include/libnet.h:124,
>>                  from send_arp.c:37:
>> include/libnet/libnet-functions.h:1840:
>> warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
>
> The offending lines read:
>
> libnet_t *
> libnet_cq_head();
>
> In C, this declares a function that may take an arbitrary number of
> arguments (for historical reasons). In C++, it declares a function that
> takes no arguments at all.
>
> To avoid these differences, one should always write:
>
> libnet_t *
> libnet_cq_head(void);
>
> I've fixed that in devel/libnet11/patches/patch-aa.
>
> Roland

Thank you,

I considered this but, not knowing for sure what was `right', I opted to
turn off `-Wno-strict-prototypes' in the package I was building; but if
that's something the developers wanted, maybe it was a bad idea.

There are several other of these declarations too. Did you catch those?

Also - can this be pulled into pkgsrc-2006Q4?

Thanks again!!

Louis