Opera 9.10 starts but does not retrieve web pages

Hi,

I installed Opera 9.10. It installed sucessfully, however it starts with these error messages:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

then opens ok, all menus etc work ok, but when trying to retrieve web pages, the browser window remains blank and shows the hourglass cursor when you move the cursor over it. I start it from xterm and no other error messages show in the terminal window. When closing the program there are no error messages.

The text based browser Links works fine, I can retrieve web pages with it. So it would seem the connection is ok.

I searched on the net for a solution and found this suggested solution (to the above error messages)

## Uncomment the next lines to workaround the "libjvm.so & libawt.so preloaded" error message
#LD_PRELOAD="libjvm.so:libawt.so:${OPERA_LD_PRELOAD}"
#export LD_PRELOAD

However as far as I could tell, this had been done by the pkg already, I found this code in /usr/pkg/emul/linux/usr/bin/opera:

#Workkarounds for the "preloaded libXt" problem.
LD_PRELOAD="libjvm.so:libawt.so:${OPERA_LD_PRELOAD}"
export LD_PRELOAD

I am not even sure that this has anything to do with the way the browser is behaving but I thought it might be relevant in some way . At the least it would seem that if the workaround was doing it's job the error messages would not appear . Does anyone have a clue or suggestions?

I am running 3.0.1 on port i386 .

regards,

Alasdair