selecting alternative packages for dependencies

I have my own packages which provide newer versions of some modular
Xorg libraries that I'm using for testing purposes. Right now, to get
pkgsrc to use them instead of those in-tree, I put
BUILDLINK_PKGSRCDIR overrides in mk.conf.

I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way to do this.

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":