Re: xfce4 broken after the latest updates

Hi,

I'm using xfce4 on i386-current and the frames of my windows are gone.
There aren't any alternate desktops available on the toolbar, and the
toolbar dies if I click on "Settings."

I had this the other day. The cause is /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig is being used instead of pkg/lib version. I patched the link in X11R6/lib and it all works fine. You should see an error about missing fonts when the window manager starts.

/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 -> /usr/pkg/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
only change this one as your xterm (amongst other things) will depend on the X11R6/lib version.

don't know what the correct fix is but this worked for me.

Simon