Re: status of modular xorg?

I suppose, then, that my problem with xsltproc could be amd64-specific
(it dies with 100+ "chunk is already free" errors.

I built version 1.1.19 via pkgsrc, and then it almost worked right; at
regular intervals in the generated code, some declarations were
truncated.  When I corrected them by hand, libxcb built, and
libX11-1.1.1 seemed fine with it.  It is annoying to have to patch it
every time after the build though. ;)  I noticed that gcc complained a
lot about violations of the strict aliasing rules, so I tried
compiling it with -fno-strict-aliasing.  No go. :(

--Blair

On 1/18/07, Jeremy C. Reed <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:
> Also, I'm working on bringing modular xorg in-tree with macallan@, and
> would appreciate very much if you'd outline why you prefer not to use
> XCB.  We're probably not going to use it if only because
> xsltproc/libxslt seems buggy and has too many dependencies, but I'd
> nevertheless like to hear your thoughts on this.

And I forgot to mention that I have been using xcb via pkgsrc for a couple
months now:

xcb-proto-1.0       XCB protocol descriptions (in XML)
libxcb-1.0nb1       X protocol C-language Binding

in pkgsrc-wip (plus I have other changes no committed for other packages
to use them).

  Jeremy C. Reed

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":