Re: Slackware and startup scripts

On 16/01/07, Lieven De Keyzer <lieven.dekeyzer%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
On 1/16/07, Ross Cameron <ross.cameron%linuxpro.co.za@localhost> wrote:
> On 16/01/07, Lieven De Keyzer <lieven.dekeyzer%gmail.com@localhost > wrote:
> > On
>> http://users.piuha.net/martti/comp/slackware/slackware.html , I read:
> >
> > "It's good to have PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS and RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR settings in
> > /etc/mk.conf or otherwise the startup scripts are left in
> > /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d."
> >
> > with the following code:
> >
> > # Startup scripts for packages
> > PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=YES
> > RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR=/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d
> >
> > Shouldn't that last line read "RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR=/etc/rc.d" ?
> >

> Theoretically yes,... but the structure and includes of the NetBSD/pkgsrc
> init scripts are TOTALLY different to the Slackware ones

I've read something like that, yes. But how would I make sure the
startup scripts in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d are effectively used at startup
in Slackware?

As a shot in the dark you could write a bash script that looks for "chmod +x" files in the "/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d" and execute them?

I dont have an example script though,.. sorry.