Subject: Re: PKGSRC on Solaris
To: Omar Lopez Limonta <pollo.es.pollo@gmail.com>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 01/13/2007 11:01:28
Omar Lopez Limonta wrote:
> 2007/1/12, Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>:
>
>> configure failed to find ar.
>> I'm using the following lines in my mk.conf:
>>
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.ar=      /usr/ccs/bin/ar
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.nm=      /usr/ccs/bin/nm
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.ranlib=  /usr/ccs/bin/ranlib
>> USE_TOOLS+=             ar nm ranlib
>>
>> alternatively you could include /usr/ccs/bin in your shell path (but
>> that would be too easy, wouldn't it? :-))
>
> Thanks Gregor you are very fast answring ;) , but it until runs wrong
> , with the same error :( , my ar was located on
> /opt/csw/share/locale/ar i set varibles with it, but it doesn't work,
> any other idea? what do you think about binary distribution of pkgsrc
> over solaris?

Aehm, you cannot just take an arbitrary file that is called "ar" and
expect it to be the ar(1) program, which is an archive manager. In your
case, the file /opt/csw/share/locale/ar is even likely to be a
directory, the one holding the locale information for Argentinian
environments.

You really have to install /usr/ccs/bin/ar.

Roland