Subject: Re: Confusing error installing graphics/tiff
To: Michael Huff <mphuff@gmail.com>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/18/2006 23:48:47
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:45:56 +0000 (UTC)
Michael Huff <mphuff@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build tiff on Solaris 10(06/06)/x86 and I'm not sure what I need
> to do to get it to build and install properly.
>
> I have pkgsrc set to build with sunstudio 10, but when tiff failed to build
> with sunstudio I ran make clean, changed my path to exclude sunstudio and set
> CC and CXX to use the gcc that comes with solaris. It compiled after that,
> but during the install portion I got the message "relink with the above
> command before installing it" and I'm not sure what command they mean.
>
> Enclosed is the output of the 'make install' portion up until it crashes.

You need to build devel/libtool-base agains one compiler, either GCC or SunPro.
Mixing different compilers with libtool does not always work. Build one libtool
package for GCC and one for SunPro and then install and use either one,
depending on which compiler is selected in your mk.conf