Subject: Re: Updating packages
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Trey Sizemore <trey@thesizemores.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/14/2006 12:42:01
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:40:15 -0600 (CST)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> Since this question is so frequently asked, let's summarize every
> technique.
>
> I started http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/How_to_upgrade_packages
>
> Please add to it. Please add command line examples. Please point to
> outside docs for further information.
>
> Then when asked again we can point users to it!

I'll be reading through this in depth this afternoon.  My use-case is
pretty straightforward in that I have packages installed from
pkgsrc2006Q3 (really just bash and the gnome & kde meta-pkgs).  I want
to replace '2006Q3' with 'current' and then update gnome, kde, and bash.

This should be a good exercise as there are numerous packages and
associated dependencies that comprise these 2 meta-pkgs.  So I don't
know if it will be as simple as updating the meta-pkgs (sadly I doubt
it) or if each package will need to be individually updated in a
particular order.

Hmmmmm...

--
Cheers,
Trey

Don't abandon hope: your Tom Mix decoder ring arrives tomorrow.

Linux laptop 2.6.16.21-0.25-default i686 GNU/Linux
 12:41pm  up 2 days 22:09,  5 users,  load average: 0.67, 0.66, 0.59