Subject: Re: python dev?
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/11/2006 22:20:58
On Monday 11 December 2006 21:08, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 04:36:43AM +0100, Jan Danielsson wrote:
> >    I tried to compile a program a friend of mine wrote, but it requires
> > "python.h", since it calls Python functions.
>
> Are you sure it is not Python.h?

I'm sure it is Python.h. The problem I think is the way we install python for
multiple versions where the path becomes somthing like
<prefix>/include/<python-<PYVERSION> and the binary becomes
<prefix>/bin/python<PYVERSION>

I encounter this kind of problem with python scripts installed by third party
packages. Most scripts define

#!/usr/bin/env python

This sucks big time, since it forces package maintainer to patch every single
python script that is either used or installed by the package - have a look
in apps such as pkgsrc/ham/gnuradio...

Not happy Jane!!!!

cheerio Berndt