Re: Upgrading print/lilypond to 2.6.5

(I'm responding to a very old thread, as I've just tried building
Lilypond in pkgsrc-current on NetBSD 3.1, without success.)

Chapman Flack wrote:
Hmm, but wait ... it must have built for somebody ... I'm running
2.4.3nb2 that I installed from a binary package. The one in the tree
is only two PKGREVISION bumps beyond that, and looking at the CVS logs
they were transitive dependency bumps on expat and gettext. If it's
true that 2.4.3nb4 won't build, I guess I'd want to look there first.

Apparently older versions of Lilypond (e.g. 2.4.3) expect they'll be
working with teTeX 2 not teTeX 3.  I'd guess that older successful
builds worked with the former.

Newer versions of Lilypond should work better with teTeX 3, but they
likely have their own challenges (e.g. the 2.8 and 2.10 series expect
GCC 4.0 as a minimum).

(See also my comments I just appended to PR 33685:
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33685)

Dave