Subject: Re: comms/bthfp floating point exception
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/10/2006 17:14:53
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Juan RP wrote:

> On Sunday 10 December 2006 16:38, Juan RP wrote:
>
> > accept_sco: blocksize=0 info.blocksize=800 mtu=0
>
> The problem is mtu that is 0, blocksize is fine.

Hm, in that case I should add a check there to at least fail gracefully..

> Anyway hardcoding the mtu value (127) does not seem to work
> and I can hear only distortions.

How did you hardcode that value? 127 is likely too large - did you read
the CAVEAT section from ubt(4) and enable the USB isochronous data for
ubt?  That should explain somewhat how to calculate a proper value (its
suboptimal that we should have to do that, but I haven't worked out the
real problem in the USB stack as yet)

The MTU retrieved from the socket will be the "sco_mtu" value as reported
by btconfig - if this is still zero, then that is what the device is
reporting and I'm not sure if setting it to a higher value will work
properly. I understand that some older Belkin USB dongles (Broadcom 2035)
had trouble with SCO data and report the value in this way.

iain