Re: Some Problems with pkgsrc on Slackintosh

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Dirk Arlt wrote:

> For example using Ion, the Hotkeys for starting up programs (xterm and
> any other) do not work. I have to use full path for every program (I
> have to use the full path to my WM in .xsession too).

Maybe export the PATH you want in the beginning of your ~/.xsession.

> In a started xterm I can start any other program just by its name.

I wonder why that works though. Do you have your PATH set in some dot
file?

> I am starting samba as mentioned above on boot (put the line
> into /etc/rc.d/rc.local) and i get these two lines on startup:
>
> /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/nmbd: WARNING: $nmbd is not set properly - see rc.conf
> (5).
> /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/smbd: WARNING: $smbd is not set properly - see rc.conf
> (5).

The rc.conf (/etc/rc.conf or /etc/rc.conf.d/nmbd and /etc/rc.conf.d/smbd)
chould have:

nmbd=YES
smbd=YES

> I think i should look into manpage for rc.conf but there seems to be
> none.

That is a bug. I may update the package to add the man page.

(I also consider it a bug that the xdm doesn't have a working config.)