using gtk+ with pkg_comp

I'm trying to rebuild all of my packages using pkg_comp.  I started
with a list built by pkg_comp, fired things off, and -- not
surprisingly -- some packages didn't build.  I did a 'pkg_comp
makeroot' and 'pkg_comp chroot', added all the packages I'd built -- my
target had been set to 'package', and tried to build the missing ones.
Several failed because they couldn't find either xrandr or gtk+.
Here's the message from trying to build firefox2:

        checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 1.3.7... Package xrandr was not found
in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory
containing `xrandr.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
Package 'xrandr', required by 'GDK', not found configure: error:
Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 1.3.7) not met; consider adjusting
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them. *** Error code 1

This is on -current from two days ago; perhaps critically, I'm using
xorg from pkgsrc.  Xrandr is installed in the chrooted area, and
it does depend on xorg-libs.