Subject: Re: kdeadmin - heimdal
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/07/2006 21:20:54
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I forgot to mention ... the reason carbon-copying happens a lot on these
> NetBSD lists is because these are open lists. So CCing them on the replies
> helps so they can continue on discussion (versus using web archives).

Probably but it would be nice if there was a standard way to indicate "I'm
subscribed, no need to CC me". After all email hasn't been invented yesterday.
CC'ing may also unnecessarily or unintentionally cause that discussions become
private which is not constructive if you consider web archives.

--
Christian