Re: problems building gmplayer

I am fetching modular-xorg HEAD right now, but whenever I get this
built (or give up and build XFree86 4.6.0 and/or Xorg 6.9.0), I will
try this patch.

--Blair

On 11/27/06, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
        Are you using xorg? Does the following work for you - patch
        for gmplayer/Makefile & gmplayer/distinfo and a (new)
        mplayer-share/patches/patch-ad

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:16:52 -0600 (CST), "Jeremy C. Reed"
> <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:
>
>>> Error: X11 support required for GUI compilation.
>>>
>>> Check "configure.log" if you do not understand why it failed.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> However, the last line in configure.log is
>>>
>>>    ============ Checking for GUI ============
>>>
>>> nor is there anything useful in work/.work.log or work/.pkg-config.log
>>>
>>> I'm running -current with pkgsrc HEAD (up to date) and xorg.
>>
>> A few others have reported same issue.
>>
>> I am curious, what was buildlinked?
>>
>> ls -l work/.buildlink/.buildlink_*done
>
> Attached.
>>
>> And do you see any X11 headers under the work/.buildlink*/include/
>> ?
>>
> Yes -- see the attachment.  I verified that some sample of the symlinks
> under X11 actually work.
>
> The configure.log is too big to attach; you can find it at
> http://www.machshav.com/~smb/configure.log
>
>            --Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":