Subject: Re: apache and mod_perl
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2006.salmi.ch>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/21/2006 19:37:36
Joerg Sonnenberger --> pkgsrc-users (2006-11-21 19:10:08 +0100):
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 05:35:53PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > A strange problem with apache and mod_perl from pkgsrc:
> > I had to add -lpthread in httpd link command, otherwise loading
> > mod_perl caused a core dump.
>
> This is a known problem and not that easy to work around. You don't want
> to build apache with -lpthread if you don't have to, as it can seriously
> slow down.

IMHO it would make sense to print a warning when building ap13-perl
to inform the user about rebuilding Apache with -lpthread, otherwise
this problem comes up every now and then...

Hmm, what about making linking with libpthread an option to www/apache?

Regards, Jukka

--
bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~