Subject: net/kdenetwork3 detects wip/meanwhile if installed
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/13/2006 08:43:56
Hello

I noticed that the kdenetwork3 configure script will find an installed
meanwhile library/header file from pkgsrc-wip, and try to compile its
own meanwhile support in kopete. Since net/kdenetwork3 does not have the
buildlink3.mk file from meanwhile included, the build will fail later
when the header can not be find in the buildlinked symlink tree.

Making net/kdenetwork3 depend on something outside of main pkgsrc is
not good. Inclusion of wip/meanwhile into main pkgsrc is one way to
solve that.

In my tree I did this in the kdenetwork3/Makefile:

+# Avoid problems with wip/meanwhile
+CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--disable-meanwhile

Best regards,
	Lars Nordlund