Subject: Re: Getting pkg_chk to show what it would do?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/08/2006 10:09:59
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 02:41:13PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

>I'm trying pkg_chk the first time, and before nuking my system I'd like to
>see what it does. Unfortunately "pkg_chk -nauv" always aborts:

>	13:36 /usr/bin/env /usr/sbin/pkg_delete -K /var/db/pkg -r
>	figlet-2.2.1
>	[ Rechecking packages after deletions  ]
>	*** Unable to read PKGCHK_CONF '/usr/pkgsrc/pkgchk_update-miyu.conf'
>	#
>
>Is there any other way to not nuke all my pkgs and still seeing what it
>would do after that?

I'm pretty sure that "warning" doesn't otherwise change output.

It's a cool program but the requirements are thick and the script
is deep (I looked a few times but a good patch won't be easy).

That said "pkg_chk -u" has never failed me, though sometimes I had
to run it a few times to finish the job.

// George