Re: Process for creating binary bootstrap tarballs

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:21:29 -0500 (CDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:

> Have a look at the pkgsrc Guide. It is at pkgsrc/doc/pkgsrc.txt (or
> pkgsrc.html) or online at
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/platforms.html#bootstrapping-pkgsrc
>

> If you have an specific questions or need assistance, please let us know.

I'm assuming you're speaking about actually bootstrapping pkgsrc from source
for use.  What I'm looking to do is to create binary bootstrap kits for my
platforms in the same way the NetBSD/pkgsrc team does so that I don't need to
bootstrap pkgsrc from source.

> By the way, what platform are you working on?

NetBSD, Mac OS X, Linux (RedHat variants), and FreeBSD mainly.

Thanks!
- Jesse

--
Jesse Peterson <jesse.peterson%exbiblio.com@localhost>