Subject: devel/gdb6 and hardware watchpoints
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Howland <dhowland@users.sourceforge.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/18/2006 18:07:10
Does GDB6 from pkgsrc support hardware watchpoints on netbsd/i386?

I have a NetBSD 3.0 system running gdb6 from pkgsrc (and ddd).

It flat out refuses to create hardware watchpoints.  It will only make
software watchpoints which make debugging my project basically
impossible (much, much too slow to finish in any reasonable time).

I get "Target does not support this type of hardware watchpoint" errors.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Please CC me if
you can, I am not subscribed to the list.

Thank you,
-d