Subject: Re: Package binaries for NetBSD/sparc64 4.0 / pkgsrc-2006Q2
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/02/2006 17:14:46
Hi,

my sparc64 bulk build machine running 4.0_BETA just completed its
third round of bulk building of pkgsrc-2006Q2.

I've uploaded and merged the result into

   ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages-2006Q2/NetBSD-4.0/sparc64/

A total of 869MB of packages were uploaded.

The source this was built from was updated Sep 19 2006.  Among
the upgrades present in this round are: SDL (which drags along
quite a few new packages), BIND, firefox, KDE (a few new binary
packages), mailman, mysql, nas, openldap, openssl, seamonkey, and
xine.

As already noted, due to the upgraded g++ compiler in 4.0_BETA,
the C++ ABI in NetBSD 4.0 has changed compared to earlier NetBSD
releases.  This means that mixing C++ binaries and libraries
across the version boundary is not going to work.

This bulk package build host is now proceeding to the first build on
the pkgsrc-2006Q3 branch, so this will be the last update along
pkgsrc-2006Q2 from this corner for this mix of CPU architecture, OS
version and pkgsrc version.

Regards,

- H=E5vard