Subject: Re: Ruby-iconv fails to find pkg db4
To: None <lorenl@alzatex.com>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/26/2006 11:38:02
In message <45188050.5010604@alzatex.com>
	on Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:20:16 -0700,
	"Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com> wrote:
> >> Now I am installing ruby18-iconv onto my linux box using pkgsrc.
> >> ruby18-base is already installed and working properly, but when
> >> ruby18-iconv tries to install, the configure stage fails to find iconv
> >> in the standard C library:
> > converters/ruby-iconv package was merged to lang/ruby18-base on pkgsrc
> > current.  Are you using pkgsrc-2006Q2 branch?
>
> Yes, I have installed about 50 packages so far onto a linux system.  Is
We shouldn't ignore the problem of pkgsrc-2006Q2, but I don't have
testing environment for pkgsrc-2006Q2 on Linux just now.

> there much of a problem to use ruby from current with everything else
> stable?  I'd hate to have to recompile all those packages.
It should be safe while you update all packages depending to
ruby18-base.

In message <451876EF.2030102@alzatex.com>
	on Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:40:15 -0700,
	"Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I must not understand how pkgsrc interacts with libttool, but I
> just looked at .work.log and found the problem command:
I think that Ruby dosen't use libtool.

> The command contains -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib, but no -L/usr/pkg/lib.  Why
> does this differ from what the configure script claims it ran which did
It is surely strange.

BWT, do you something set to /etc/mk.conf?

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>