Subject: Re: Openldap client fails to find pkg for openssl
To: Loren M. Lang <lorenl@alzatex.com>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/25/2006 09:10:36
--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 09:17:02PM -0700, Loren M. Lang wrote:
> I have a built-in openssl library on my linux box installed under /usr,
> but it's a little dated so I installed security/openssl from pkgsrc and
> set PREFER.openssl to pkgsrc in mk.conf.  Following that I installed
> heimdal which had no issues and ldd reveals that it is using openssl
> under /usr/pkg.  Next I tried installing openldap-client, but had it fail
> trying to find openssl.  There is a bug in the openssl headers in
> /usr/include and configure tried using them so I moved them out of the
> way and tried to re-install it.  The configure script failed again still
> looking under /usr/include.  Why isn't it looking under /usr/pkg/include,
> I thought PREFER.openssl = pkgsrc should resolve that.

Because OpenLDAP's ./configure script is a little... broken.  I've had
similar problems with an additional db4 installation under /opt on linux,
but setting a few environment variables solved it.

I'll look into it (can you please file a PR for this?  just paste your mail
in it).

	Geert

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--