Subject: Building meta-pkgs/gnome on NetBSD 4.0_BETA fails
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lasse_Hiller=F8e_Petersen?= <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/22/2006 00:46:03
I am trying to build the gnome metapackage. I tried pkgsrc-current
first, but as it failed, I checked out the 2006Q2 branch to see if it
was any better.
I am doing a completely default build.

It fails when trying to build gtkhtml38:

checking for GIT_CFLAGS...
checking for GIT_LIBS...
gnome-config: not found
configure: error: Package requirements (gnome-icon-theme >= 1.2.0) were
not met.

Alternatively you may set the GIT_CFLAGS and GIT_LIBS environment variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/2006Q2/pkgsrc/www/gtkhtml38
===>
===> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
===> Please investigate the following for more information:
===>      * config.log
===>      * /usr/2006Q2/pkgsrc/www/gtkhtml38/work/.work.log
===>
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/2006Q2/pkgsrc/www/gtkhtml38
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/2006Q2/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/gnome-base
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/2006Q2/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/gnome

I suppose I should attempt to do what it tries to tell me to do to get
around this problem, but I wonder why this even turns up? I have never
had this kind of problems in the past? What should I set GIT_CFLAGS and
GIT_LIBS to?

-Lasse