Re: Package binaries for NetBSD/sparc64 4.0 / pkgsrc-2006Q2

Hi,

my sparc64 bulk build machine running 4.0_BETA just completed its
second round of bulk building of pkgsrc-2006Q2.

I've uploaded and merged the result into

   ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages-2006Q2/NetBSD-4.0/sparc64/

A total of 2GB of packages were uploaded.

The source this was built from was updated Sep 4 2006.  I'll
promptly re-update and start a new bulk build.  Among the
upgrades present in this round are: ImageMagick, apache (both 1.x
and 2.x), clamav, cscope, firefox, freetype2, gimp, gnupg,
heimdal, mysql, perl, php (4 & 5), seamonkey, sendmail, tiff,
vim, vncviewer, and zsh.

As already noted, due to the upgraded g++ compiler in 4.0_BETA,
the C++ ABI in NetBSD 4.0 has changed compared to earlier NetBSD
releases.  This means that mixing C++ binaries and libraries
across the version boundary is not going to work.

Regards,

- Håvard