Subject: help setting up NetBSD on a laptop
To: None <regional-nyc@netbsd.org, pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org,>
From: Michael Bubb <michael.bubb@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/18/2006 21:09:39
Hello all,

I have been using NetBSD for the past year as it is the OS of the
University's UNIX lab where I am studying. A few months ago I got a
Thinkpad T30 and put  NETBSD 3.0 (GENERIC_LAPTOP) on it. I have been
using pkgsrc to maintain the software on it.

Overall it has been very good. I have come to like NetBSD very much
and have gotten very used to it. However there are a number of fairly
basic issues that I have not resolved by myself. I've hit a bit of a
plateau with the documentation (which is generally very good).

A loose 'laundry-list' would include:

- wireless card setup (compiling kernel, etc)
- proper pkgsrc setup (cvs, etc)
- linux emul setup (firefox under suse, etc)
- X irregularities ( I have fluxbox working pretty well but some X
programs not well)

I would like to meet with someone more knowledgeable than myself to
work through some of these issues. I am local to NYC and would be
willing to meet anywhere there is a usable wireless signal.

If this is of any interest pls email me offlist with hourly rates and
times available. I am most available on Fridays but can be flexible.

Thanks

--
Michael Bubb
optPart, LLC - Hoboken, NJ